The Detroit Land Bank Authority is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, disability, or other criteria prohibited by the City, State or Federal law.
To qualify for a job, an applicant must meet the education, training, experience and any applicable license or certificate requirement for the job position. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide acceptable proof of their work record and history.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Administrative Data Specialist is responsible to perform a wide variety of administrative support duties ranging from general clerical support to complex, specialized program support for an administrative department.
The Administrative Data Specialist will perform a wide range of tasks in its support of the Demolition Department including processing of invoices from vendors, tracking the receipt of compliance documentation, preparing reports and spreadsheets, preparing correspondence and presentations, handling information requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Log and reconcile invoices; ensuring data integrity and completeness
- Communicate with vendors regarding accuracy of invoices, track and reconcile revised documentation
- Provide administrative assistance to the management within the department
- Respond to information requests; make recommendations and follow through with completion of tasks
- answer questions, and independently resolve problems whenever feasible
- Assure timely preparation of reports including review and maintenance of data as needed prior to report preparation
- Update information on organization website
- Manage correspondence (i.e. requests for proposals), as necessary
- Track progress of properties through the demolition pipeline
- Utilize databases significant to the department
- Ensure data integrity by performing data quality audits and analysis
- Collaborate with various departments regarding inventory
- Comply with all state, federal, and company guidelines, rules and regulations
- Complete ad-hoc tasks as requested
- Perform other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Associate’s Degree in business administration
- At least one (1) years’ experience in performing data, clerical and report preparation duties.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, database and presentation software, including basic skill level in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Adobe, version 10 or greater
- Knowledge of databases; Salesforce and MSHDA databases, preferred
- Ability to navigate the Internet.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Tenacity to accomplish tasks with follow-through to meet deadlines Strong organization, analytic and investigative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (experience with customer service and stakeholder coordination, preferred)
- Proven track record of working in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Local knowledge of City of Detroit, preferred