The Detroit Land Bank Authority is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, disability, or other criteria prohibited by the City, State or Federal law.
To qualify for a job, an applicant must meet the education, training, experience and any applicable license or certificate requirement for the job position. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide acceptable proof of their work record and history.
The Data Solutions Architect I is responsible for the overall design of the application and mapping of department program/business requirements to systems/technical requirements; delivering the complete solution for the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign along with various department leaders and/or departmental subject matter expert
- Attend periodic meetings with departmental managers to share best practices and be consultative regarding maintenance of data, process development, and workflow analysis
- Engineer structural changes to Salesforce database system to maximize operational efficiencies and minimize interdepartmental conflicts
- Perform standard administrator tasks in Salesforce database system to remedy staff issues
- Procure licenses, check request submissions for Salesforce and any related licenses
- Maintain current Salesforce certifications
- Administer ongoing active inventory management processes by identifying and remedying systemic inventory problems
- Perform additional related duties as assigned by department Manager or Director
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent preferred
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in professional services, sales or customer support operations
- At least two (2) years of Salesforce systems integration and/or implementation experience
- Experience with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools
- Proven solutions consulting experience
- Intermediate experience with Salesforce configuration and custom development
- Knowledge of web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering a solution that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Must maintain professional knowledge and relationships with the Salesforce ecosystem
- Must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment
- Must be able to design and implement a project schedule and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast moving environment.
- Proficiency with the following software: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) Adobe version 10 or greater